Top Outdoor Activities in Clarksville, TN
In honor of National Wilderness Month, we’re highlighting our favorite outdoor recreation spots in our wonderful Clarksville, TN community! As summer comes to a close, moderate weather is on its way, which means outdoor activities just got a little cooler, temperature-wise!
Trails and Hiking
The Clarksville Greenway
- Clarksville Greenway: Positioned in North Clarksville beside the banks of West Fork Creek and the Red River, this local gem boasts approximately 9 miles of trail, where you can walk, run, bike or skate. Accessible year-round, you’ll enjoy a mostly shaded scenic route built on an old railway bed.
Dunbar Cave State Park
- Dunbar Cave State Park: This 144-acre park boasts 3 miles of moderate hiking trails through beautiful woodlands. Located by a small lake, you’re sure to see wildlife including turtles, deer, squirrels, muskrats, and more!
- Rotary Park: Located near the Sango community, this 111.3-acre park contains over five miles of hiking/biking trails along scenic routes sprinkled with wildflowers in the spring and summer.
- Liberty Park: Established along the Cumberland River, this 10-acre park provides ample activities for the whole family from fishing, playground, walking trails, pavilions, a dog park, and more!
- Billy Dunlop Park: Situated on over 30-acres this picturesque spot affords multiple past times including walking trails, playground, fishing, a beautiful bridge over the creek, and more!
- Downtown Commons: We have the pleasure of being located right across the street from this urban park! The site of multiple events, this gathering place hosts performances and activities all year long!
- Clarksville Blueway: That’s right, we’ve got a Greenway AND a Blueway! The entry point is located at Robert Clark Park, where you can drop in your kayak or canoe with direct passage to the West Fork Red River.
- Clarksville Marina: Enjoy 10-acres to explore with the beautiful Cumberland in the background!
Port Royal State Park
- Port Royal State Park: This trip is a whopping 22.5 mile run down the West Fork Red River to Cumberland! If you’re looking for a day-long kayaking/canoeing trip, this is the one for you!
Our Clarksville community is blessed with a wide assortment of outdoor activities to choose from, with something for everyone! If you’re looking to rent a home near outdoor attractions Clarksville, TN is full of them! See you outside!