Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
- Search our available properties on our website.
- Once you have found a property that interests you, contact our office to organize a showing.
- After your showing, you will be able to fill out an application through our online application portal and submit all supporting documents.
- Millan Enterprises will process your application and contact you via phone to inform you of the outcome and next steps.
If I am renting with other people, should we prepare an application packet for each person?
Yes, each person over the age of 18 is required to go through the application process and pay a $25 non-refundable application fee. The primary lessee will be the only one required to submit verification of income.
If I own my own business, how do I prove verification of income?
If you own your own business, please provide Millan Enterprises with your last 90 days of consecutive bank statements.
How do you screen tenants?
Millan Enterprises follows a 3-step process when screening tenants.
- We conduct a criminal background check on all applicants. (Note: Having a felony on your record from any state or any time will automatically disqualify your application.)
- We complete a verification of rental history by contacting any previous landlord.
- We conduct a credit check through the following bureau: AmRent. The following factors could negatively affect the outcome of your application — but are not automatic disqualifications.
- Negative credit score or lack of credit history
- Income: If your total rent payment per month plus other revolving monthly payments are more than your net monthly income
- Bankruptcies, Evictions, Judgements: Must show proof that you have satisfied this debt
- Any landlord collection: Must show proof that you’ve satisfied this debt
- Any other overdue debts to lenders
What utilities do I need to set up for my rental?
The lessee is responsible for arranging and paying for all utility services required on the rental property unless otherwise stated by Millan Enterprises. (Note: Not all properties include the same utilities.) The lessee shall order all accounts to be placed in the lessee’s name no later than the first day of the lease term. Please refer to the Lease Agreement for all information about utilities.
Do you have a pet-policy?
We’re thrilled to announce a fantastic update to our policies! We are now officially allowing pets in all our single-family homes! We also allow pets at both our Autumn Ridge Apartment Community and Valley View Apartments.
We understand that pets are cherished family members, and we believe that everyone deserves the joy and companionship they bring. That’s why we knew it was time to update our pet policy to better serve our valued residents. By allowing pets in our properties, we hope to create a more inclusive and fulfilling living experience for you and your beloved companions.
Please note that certain guidelines and reasonable pet restrictions will apply to ensure the well-being and comfort of all residents. We do have a pet fee, a limit on the number of pets, a limit on pet weight, and breed restrictions. Our team is more than happy to provide you with detailed information on our pet policy and answer any questions you may have.
Contact our friendly team today, and let us help you find the perfect pet-friendly home!
Do I have to do my own repairs and maintenance?
Lessee shall keep and maintain the interior of the property in good order and condition at all times during the leasing term and shall be responsible for all extraordinary and ordinary maintenance.
Lessee shall be responsible for keeping all plumbing fixtures/drains free of items/debris that may cause clogging, i.e., hair, feminine/intimate products, grease, wet wipes (flushable and/or non-flushable) paper towels, toys, etc. Lessee shall pay for the service of any plumbing fixture/drain that may need to be cleared due to the stoppage and for the expense or damage caused by the stopping of waste pipes or overflows. (Note: Contact Millan Enterprises to schedule maintenance with a plumber.) Lessor shall be responsible for maintaining the roof, sub-floors, exterior walls, and heating and cooling systems. Please refer to the Lease Agreement for all information about repairs and maintenance.
What is “normal wear and tear”?
Normal wear and tear occurs naturally over time.
It is agreed that all dirt, holes, tears, burns, and stains of any size or amount in the carpets, blinds, walls, fixtures, and/or any other part of the premises, does not constitute reasonable wear and tear.
I am active duty in the United States Armed Forces, what happens if I receive PCS (Permanent Change of Station) or Deployment orders?
If the lessee is, or becomes, a member of the United States Armed Forces on active duty, and the lessee receives PCS or Deployment orders for a period of ninety (90) days or more, the lessee may terminate the lease upon giving thirty (30) days written notice to Millan Enterprises. The lessee shall also provide to Millan Enterprises a copy of the official orders reflecting the change which warrants termination under the Lease Agreement.
What happens if I want to break my lease?
Millan Enterprises has two buyout options. Please review the buyout agreement sheet or contact our office for more information.
What if I want to buy a home?
If you want to buy a house through Millan Enterprises, LLC., our office can help you through this process. Rylan Kean, REALTORⓇ, at Millan Enterprises, LLC., is capable of finding the right home for you. Rylan Kean is an agent at Reliant Reality at 4751 Trousdale Drive, Suite 112 in Nashville, TN. To begin this process, contact our office.